This is a pretty big deal for the RV industry. For years we have used the conventional GPS’s and they have been fine. But then I read about this one that was just introduced on the market and wow!
Loads of information on campgrounds and how to get there. Perfect for the RV owner for a gift too!
Rand McNally has just released the TripMaker RVND 5510 – the first navigation device designed specifically for RVers.
This comes after extensive research and beta testing within the RVing community.
“The RVing community told us overwhelmingly that they would be interested in purchasing a GPS if it provided RV-specific routing, stops and amenities that RVers need while on the road, and things to experience and do along the way. Well, we’ve listened carefully. Our new TripMaker RVND line will solidly deliver on these expectations,” said Dave Muscatel, CEO of Rand McNally.
The TripMaker RVND features:
Over 14 million points of interest – including national, state, and regional parks and festivals. Other key information includes:
• Detailed exit information and available amenities on upcoming interstate exits.
• RV campgrounds, RV dealers and service, parking and rest areas, travel centers with detailed amenities for example dump stations, propane availability and more.
• RVer Tools such as checklists for set up and take down, maintenance logs, trails back to your campsite, and quick mileage calculators.
• Pet-friendly locations including beaches, parks and animal hospitals.
RV-Easy Routing which has a base of award-winning navigation from Rand McNally, the TripMaker RVND 5510 layers on all the information necessary to have a pleasurable and safe trip in an RV. Turn-by-turn spoken and text directions keep the driver focused at the road ahead.
The routing includes legal (including propane and other RV-only), height and weight restrictions, right- or left-turn preference according to 11 different RV types, and a quick reference to the Rand McNally Road Atlas.
In combination with routing and tools critical to RVers, the TripMaker RVND features Rand McNally Editor’s Pick Content – proprietary data provided by our editorial staff with video and photos. The content includes:
• Regional Trips, Scenic Tours, Weekend Getaways, and City Trips.
• Best of the Road – three-to-four day adventures including unique stops, photos of the locations, maps and more to plan a memorable adventure.
• 12,000 researched locations that will make any trip exciting and unique. [RV Business]
Now you don’t have to pull over on the side of the road and run to the back of your rig to dig up a campground directory! All the information you need can now be at your fingertips. Go and buy one for your RV today!
What? You don’t have an RV? I can help you there! Stop in and see me. I can show you both new and used RVs too!